Fright Night Claw Polish Swatches and Review

I found these little jewels in the Halloween section of Wal-mart.
I know it must be a HUGE surprise that I bought every color they had. I mean, the bottles ARE SHAPED LIKE COFFINS! Who in the world could pass that up? NOT ME that's who. Not to mention they say FRIGHT NIGHT on the stinkin' bottles!!! I had to have them. It was not a choice, it was a need. A deep, stabby, grabby, clingy, unrelenting NEED.
Did I mention the bottles are shaped like coffins? Because they are. My fiance likes to tell me that this form of marketing is called "the appeal to emotion" and that it was invented and created solely based on me. But I say it has nothing to do with freakin MARKETING!!! THE BOTTLES ARE SHAPED LIKE COFFINS! MUST ACQUIRE!!!!!

Coffin bottles aside I think my favorite thing about these polishes are the names. I was literally laughing my ass off while I was swatching them and reading the names. They have these very scary, halloweeny names like Sinister, Poison, and Toxic then they throw in Blue as a name just to spice things up a bit. I just kept running scenarios through my head as to how the same company can name one polish Bloodshed then the very next one Blk Orange. Did the polish naming dude get pissed off and walk out because they docked his overtime pay and the only employee left to name the polish was a one armed, imagination less chimpanzee with Sars? Did the label printer dude fail the 12 steps and crawl into a bottle of Jack during the printing process?  It's things like this that are truly hilarious to me. 
 This is a really awesome topcoat.  The base color is perfectly pigmented. It's just pigmented enough to be opaque on it's own in 3 coats and also work as a topcoat over other polishes without completely changing the base color. This ruby red sparkler seriously gives Ruby Pumps a run for its money people.
 This is described on the packaging as "metallic" and I guess it sort of is. I'm not sure what else to really call it besides pretty.
 A one coat satin black from a cheapy Halloween polish brand? Say it ain't so!
 This one is black and orange string glitter in a clear base layered over Sinister. The name rules dudes! So freakin original!
 This one is also a one coater if you're careful.
 I think the name says it all on this one guys.
 Another one described as "metallic". This is a 2 coat gorgeous purple shimmer.
Listen up dudes. This is the most neon polish I have ever seen in my life. I had to take the photo in the dark to keep it from over exposing or blurring out completely. It's a jelly base and takes a good 3 thick coats but it's totally worth it for the retina burning neon effect!

To my surprise these actually don't suck! They apply well and all of them are two coaters or less with the exception of the "topcoat" VooDoo and the orange one called Pumpkin. I was pretty shocked when the black flowed onto my nails and covered in one single coat! I was really expecting these to be nothing more than cute novelties in awesome bottles but they are actually wearable! Bonus!

 Happy Halloween!

Love, MM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...